Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Recent Buy

Have been busy writing job applications since I lost my job, this is a big setback for me but it should not keep my for fighting towards my financial independence.

I can't believe how lucky I was, what comes to my timing on my selling frenzy. Just few weeks after that the stocks plummet, I did make some buys before the dip, but I still had some money left to be invested.




So I bought 12 shares of Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX)


Chevron (CVX) is currently trading $114.40 | it has a P/E of 10.94 | EPS 10.48 | Market cap 214.22B and Dividend/Yield 1.07/3.73%

This purchase will add $51.36 to my annual dividend income, with current dividend and yield.

Chevron Corporation (Chevron) manages its investments in subsidiaries and affiliates and provides administrative, financial, management and technology support to the United States and international subsidiaries that engage in fully integrated petroleum operations, chemicals operations, mining activities, power generation and energy services. Upstream operations consist primarily of exploring for, developing and producing crude oil and natural gas; processing, transportation and regasification associated with liquefied natural gas; transporting crude oil by international oil export pipelines; transporting, storage and marketing of natural gas, and a gas-to-liquids project. Downstream operations consist primarily of refining crude oil into petroleum products; transporting crude oil and refined products by pipeline, marine vessel, motor equipment and rail car, and manufacturing and marketing of commodity petrochemicals, plastics for industrial uses and fuel and lubricant additives.


Even with the falling oil price I think Chevron is a good long term hold and brings good value for my portfolio. Chevron (CVX) has increased dividend for 27 consecutive years, has a low payout ratio around 40% and 10 yr. DGR of 10.6 (DGR=Dividend Growth Rate).

If you are interested, here is some articles about Chevron (CVX)




I updated my portfolio to represent the current changes.

I do hope I'll be able to get some kinda work soon, so it won't hurt my compounding too much, but in meanwhile I may have to look things more carefully and I have to save some cash for bad times. So i have to use some consideration there.

Conclusion: Long CVX 

cheers.




No comments:

Post a Comment